This year’s cosplay contest will have eight different categories for judging:
- Best Costume – Male Child (12 and under)
- Best Costume – Female Child (12 and under)
- Best Costume – Male Teen (Age 13-18)
- Best Costume – Female Teen (Age 13-18)
- Best Costume – Male Adult (19+)
- Best Costume – Female Adult (19+)
- Best Craftsmanship (Prop item or accessory)
- Best Group Cosplay
All participants in the Rich City Comic & Pop Con Cosplay Contest must abide by the following rules:
- Child participants must be attended by an adult.
- The minimum amount of attire allowed in the contest is a bikini. Body paint, latex, pasties, and other temporary body coverage adhesives/ are not considered appropriate. Note that thongs and jock straps are not ‘bikinis’ and are strictly prohibited.
- All contestants must be able to enter and exit the contest area safely. If you need help, you are allowed one (1) handler to assist you.
- Do not leave anything in the contest area. For safety reasons, things like confetti, fireworks, glitter, flash paper, rose petals, water, and other small messy objects are not allowed. Food or animals (except for service animals) are not allowed in the contest. Throwing objects/firing projectiles into the audience is strictly forbidden.
- Any costumes that maybe considered racist, discriminatory, offensive, or otherwise objectionable are not allowed.
- Weapons: Non-firing toy or prop weapons will be allowed at the discretion of the Costume Contest Director. All prop weapons must be demonstrated to be non-functioning to the Judges’ Panel prior to the costume contest. You may not throw or whip props. “Live” or functioning weapons are not allowed in the costume contest. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND/OR EVICTION.
- You may not run or jump in the contest area or perform any acrobatics. One foot must remain on the ground at all times. Any contestant or group that does not obey this rule will be immediately disqualified and any resulting injuries will be their responsibility.
- Rich City Comic & Pop Con is a family-friendly environment. Failure to abide by these rules and regulations will result in the participant being disqualified from the contest and potentially dismissed from the convention floor.
- Have fun! This is meant to be an enjoyable experience for everyone involved. If you have any questions about the costume contest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “COSPLAY CONTEST” in the subject line.